Concerned for all great and small God -
we come to the end of the day,
and as I reflect on events of this day in the world,
along with 120,000 of my friends and neighbors,
I am not sure I really know my right hand from my left.
For myself, I am glad that you are
gracious and merciful, slow to anger
and abounding in steadfast love.
With regard to some others,
I sometimes wish that
your great power and mighty acts
would come upon them in ways that would lead to
a more kind, just, and gentle life for us all.
Call me Jonah.
Never the less, I go to sleep tonight with these words in my heart -
Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised.
This day, and forever, I bless you and praise your name.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.