Sunday, August 30, 2026

God from here to there
and everywhere in-between -
we are standing, living, on Holy Ground.
It was and is holy to the Canaanites and to the Jebusites and to the Israelites and to the Palestinians.
It was and is holy to the Anishinabeg and to the Jesuit explorers and to the voyaguers and to the settlers.
It was and is holy to Ukrainians and Russians and Iranians and Canadians and Haitians and Venezuelans and on and on, on and on.
I believe you led us to this land to live together in peace with those who were here already and those who are still coming,
by letting our love be genuine,
by breaking bread with would-be enemies,
by sharing our water, drinking together,
and by taking thought for what is noble in the sight of all.
I don't believe we have done this;
I don't know if I even believe anymore that we could.
But I go to bed tonight hoping and praying that (with your help) we will.

I even hesitate to put that "with your help" in. God has helped us, God has shown us the way, now it's on us - just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

God from here to there and everywhere in-between - we are standing, living, on Holy Ground. It was and is holy to the Canaanites and to the ...