Sunday, June 28, 2026

 Loving God,
you care for all people -
  young and old,
  rich and poor,
  even the just and the unjust 
    upon whom your rain falls,
and it grieves your heart 
  when anyone of us fails to find 
   the good life you have for us.
I confess I'm not sure what it means 
  to receive anyone "in the name of a prophet"
  or "in the name of a righteous person"
  or even what their rewards might be. 
 But I go to bed with a heavy heart tonight
  knowing that there are "little ones" all over the world
  who are thirsty, or hungry, or alone, or afraid tonight 
  and in need of "being received", 
  given a cup of cold water,
  and a safe place to sleep.
I wish I had done more for them today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

God of all time and space, our elders have faithfully shared with us the stories of your great works of old -   splitting the sea,   manna i...